Director of Originations
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) is financing that allows commercial property owners to affordably pay for upgrades or build properties that increase energy efficiency, harness renewable energy, conserve water, and protect against storms. PACE Loan Group (PLG) is a leading lender in this space. We are helping to create a better environment for the world we live in - and we want you to be a part of it.
We are adding a Director of Originations to our team. We are a small company, so you will immediately have an impact on the growth of our team. You will learn from seasoned real estate finance veterans, while working in a growing CRE finance field.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will vary, but you will primarily focus on everyday management and leadership of the Originations Team and will oversee all aspects of Originations leadership. This includes training, assisting with C-PACE deals, coaching, business development, and operational excellence from Boarding to Exit and everything in between.
Duties shall include, but not be limited to C-PACE sourcing opportunities, assisting the Originations team with negotiating, and issuing term sheets and the preparation of internal memoranda for deal approval. It will also be necessary to work with Underwriting to provide a clear understanding of the transaction structure as well as borrower expectations and business needs.
While our office is located in Eden Prairie, our employees are hybrid, coming into the office at the discretion of their manager. Want to come in more? No problem. If you have a drive to learn and work hard, and enjoy a small, growing environment, this is the role for you!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and execute annual business plans to achieve team deployment goals for PACE Loan Group and C-PACE loan products.
- Serve as PLG’s subject matter expert on C-PACE Lending.
- Ensure effective ongoing Originations training and development to enhance the skills and capabilities of the Originations team.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and implement effective Originations strategies and campaigns.
- Manage the Originations pipeline and ensure timely and accurate reporting and forecasting. Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including borrowers, lenders, contractors, and other industry professionals.
- Drive business growth by identifying new market opportunities and developing innovative Originations strategies.
- Work closely with underwriting and operations teams to ensure efficient and effective deal execution.
- Analyze Originations data and market trends to identify areas for improvement and optimize Originations performance.
- Monitor and manage Originations team performance, providing regular feedback and coaching to drive results.
Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
Qualified Applicants have/are:
- At least 10 years of experience with commercial real estate closings/construction draws/lien waivers
- Prior experience at a title company (desired)
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks
- Extremely organized and responsive
- Curious, with a problem-solving attitude (identify issues, but also suggest solutions)
- Research skills
- Moderate Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while delivering accurate and quality work-product
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION CONTACT: