Assistant Vice President Loan Originations
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (“C-PACE”) financing is a tool used by
property owners and developers to finance energy efficiency, renewable energy, and
resiliency measures incurred to improve commercial property.
Founded in 2017, PACE Loan Group (PLG) is a leading national direct C-PACE lender.
With an industry-leading balance sheet PLG is focused on originating and servicing C-
PACE loans nationwide. We are on the ground floor of something big - and we want you to be a part of it.
PLG is adding an Assistant Vice President, Originations to our team. Reporting to SVP,
Originations, Matthew McCormack, your day-to-day responsibilities will primarily focus
on sourcing, originating, and closing C-PACE loans.
This role would be based out of our Chicago office on Michigan Avenue. The position
offers you significant upside in a rapidly growing industry. Compensation is comprised of base salary, production-based commissions, and a year-one discretionary bonus during production ramp-up.
What you will do in the role:
This is a sales role dependent on sourcing new loan originations.
- Identify and develop relationships with real estate developers, mortgage brokers, and third-party service providers.
- Support the relationship management of existing PLG relationships.
- Prepare and negotiate C-PACE term sheets.
- Assist in the initial project review, underwriting, and deal closings.
- Understand the nuances of various C-PACE programs
- Other tasks as assigned by your SVP
Skills for success in the role:
- Autonomy and intrinsic motivation. We are looking a self-starter who thrives in a commission-based and competitive environment.
- Desire to perform nationwide outreach, including in key target markets.
- Track record of loan originations and/or deep relationships with developers,
property owners, and mortgage brokers.
- Excellent responsiveness and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to independently make decisions in high-stress situations.
Qualified Applicants have/are:
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate debt or equity investment, real estate capital markets, or investment banking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance, business, or related field.
- Proficient in Excel.
- An understanding of various components of a commercial real estate capital
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employees’
differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.